Friday, October 10, 2014

#7 Season Two of learning PS

For the next couple of weeks,  I'm going to shift the focus of this blog from learning about Photoshop's tools to learning about how other animators use the program. But since it's an incredibly hard task to be able to copy someone else's art style, I'm mainly only going to focus on replicating some part of their animation style. I'll just write down the films I'll study first, so I don't have to keep looking every time I'm done with one:
  • The First one I want to focus on is Jelly Sunday for an attempt to animate people in a simple way. I'll be looking at Florian Parrot for this.
  • The Second one is Annie for learning how to do effects. I'll look at Xavier Sailliol for this.
  • The third one is Chaman to learn how to morph one thing into another, and I'll look at Vincent Nghiem for this.
It took me a while to find all of these. I guess this week was spent just watching some cool short animated films. Also, I missed a day of school this week, because I wasn't feeling well. So I'll start for real next week. I still wanted to do a gif though, and who's to say I can't do it from my house?

12fps

This is the type of animation style I liked about Jelly Sunday, but I'm going to try to make the whole thing way better next week. This is too simple. I know I said I would only focus on the animation side of the videos I'm studying, but if there's time, I think I'll also look at the art style.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment