Friday, January 16, 2015

#17 Season 4 of learning PS: New Year Yayyy

Well guys, it's been a while. It might have been apparent, but I didn't end up working on the 11 second animation. Due to having to keep on schedule, I won't be making any posts about it until I finish it on my own time. And don't expect that to be happening anytime soon. Sorry...

Over the coming weeks, I will go back to what I was doing during the second season of this blog (I think we're currently on the fourth season. I'm making this up as I go...) That is: finding new styles. It won't have to do with animation though. This time, it'll have to do with art directly. I wish I could've studied art styles first and then gone into animation, but I wasn't smart enough to think about that. The goal of this is to find an art style for me that looks good/original and is quick to animate.

Like last time, I'll put some short animated films here. Instead of three, I'll put five, because I'm not going to have to study animation. Mostly, I'll be looking at the backgrounds of the short films. I'm looking for simplicity, since I'm only one person here and I want to be able to tell stories in a fast and effective way.

Here they are:



There's a Man in the Woods by Jacob Streilein

Derailed by Yon Hui

Hoof It by Seth Boyden

Swelter by Jacob Streilein



I also had time to make a gif this week...

12fps

I tried to make it all watercolor-looking by putting very washed out colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment