Saturday, March 7, 2015

#23 Needing ideas

So about this gific, Delta... Instead of taking five weeks to do it, I finished in three days. That's something, huh? I don't know how I overestimated the time I would take to do it by that much. I'm pretty proud of myself. Now, I think, is a pretty good time to self-reflect on how it turned out:

Looking back, I think I rushed on it. No, actually, I did rush. Part of the reason why I finished it so early was so that I could present it for this other school project. The deadline for that happened to be on the day I posted the gific. I wasn't planning on completing it that early, but once I noticed it was possible to submit it for the other project, I set out to finish in that week. So that happened.

In terms of technical stuff, I think the animation could've been better. I was animating from 12 fps to 2 fps. I don't think two frames per second can even be considered animation.  That's more like slideshow frame time. Furthermore, all of the strips aren't completely clean. Colors and lines sometime go outside their panel on accident. I also wish I had animated the words, but that would've brought a lot more work. As a whole, more detail would've been better. Specially with shadows. I wanted to put more of them.

Beggars can't be choosers though. I decided to give up some quality so I could finish on time. And I guess that's that.

Onto my next project!
___________________________________________________________

I wasn't aware I would be able to make more stuff once I finished Delta. Now there's like four weeks left for me to start on the next season on learning PS, and I have no idea what to do with it.

But now that I think about it (it's been two days since I wrote the stuff above) I think I want to focus on making an animation paying attention to light. This idea has been on my mind since I saw a short movie called The Dam Keeper. They did something special with animation and that is that they didn't just animate lines, they animated form. That film is the only one I can find right now that does this so... elegantly. It's enough to go off of, I think.

Something like this...

 12fps

I think this even incorporates more of what Photoshop has to offer, so that's pretty cool. I'll try to make something with more pizazz next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment