Thursday, September 4, 2014

#2 Got to start somewhere

I remembered seeing an article on Photoshop animation on www.Newgrounds.com, a website that's full of animations made on flash. This is where it's at. As of now, there's a part one and a part two. I will probably be using these articles very heavily. To start, I saw this video...

And I made this...

12fps animated on Photoshop with a tablet!

It's really cool. It's not as hard as I had thought. The only complicated part was making the actions. In Adobe Flash, there's default hotkeys for making a new frame and such. In photoshop, that doesn't exist, so you have to go through a huge process before you're able to make a new frame. Actions let you record the process. All you have to do is set up what you recorded to whatever button on the keyboard you want, then, when you press the button,  the computer goes through the process by itself in less than a second. It's like creating your own personal hotkey.

Next time, I'm going to focus on learning more about photoshop's tools. I feel like I still don't know much about the program besides the brush, eraser, and bucket (and, now, it's animation tools!).

No comments:

Post a Comment