Thursday, November 6, 2014

#11 It's Morphing Time

Yo.

This is my last study before I try to make my own short, 30 second long video. I'm scared. Although I am feeling pretty confident about how to use Photoshop.

This time, my study will be over another one of the French school videos, Chaman. I'm sorry for making all of my studies over videos from the Gobelins student animations. It's just that I've found that they all have an insane amount of variety and creativity.

Trying new things out for the blog.
This is a clip from Chaman.

That scene above is the one I'm going to learn from. Only looking at the 'birdman', I love the fluidity of the transformation. To be honest, I have no idea how Vincent Nghiem managed to make everything flow from one extreme to the next. The eyes, nose, and mouth move with a crazy amount of clarity. It looks simple to make, but I really doubt it's going to be easy to mimic.

I also like how it has the same color scheme as my Gific (Comic Gif) from last week.

My friend, Humza, gave me a cool idea for my study. He told me to make a guy with a limp turning into an ostrich. It sounds really hard, and I'm probably going to get annoyed from not doing it right again. But I want to make it. So screw it.
_________________________________________________________

I made some characters for my cripple:


The numbers, from least to greatest, are the ones that I like the most to the ones I like the least. I'm going with number 2, because his pose is cool and his cape falls over him in a more fashionable way.  Actually, now that I think about it, he looks a little bit like Harry potter. It's probably just because of the color of the cape. And the glasses. But I want to show the glasses falling off of him when he transforms, so I don't want to take that off...

OH WELL. I'll just change the color of the cape.

Also, the cape was just there for decoration, but my teacher thought it was going to be the tail of the ostrich when he transformed. That idea sounds cool, so I'm going with it. I'll come up with everything else next week.

I feel like I'm a bit behind schedule. Again.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment