Wednesday, April 1, 2015

#27 The process for the Tinder-Browsing gif and other boring stuff

There's not much to say about the last gif I made that I haven't already gone over before, but there's still some stuff I want to talk about:

I used really dark colors when I blocked in all of the colors, so when I added the lighting animation, it would highlight the face and create a strong contrast between that and the background. That's why my preview post looked all bad, because I hadn't added the glow coming from the phone.

To make that phone screen animation (mainly the pictures sliding out of the screen. The 'like' button animation is pretty simple to make, I think anyone could figure it out.), I duplicated the picture several times, and then I moved it a bit each time. There was no mask holding the picture in that screen, so it was just flying out of the screen like this:


I had to go over all of the frames and erase the parts that weren't inside the screen.


For the animated lighting, I duplicated the layer that had just the guy, and used that checkered button I talked about in this post to make sure only the guy was affected when I added the light. I used some sweet textured brush with low opacity to make the lighting.

That's about it, I think.
__________________________________________________________

UPDATES AND NEW GIFIC PLAN.

Small little gifs are exhausting me. I feel like I'm starting to outgrow them, wanting to move more into making stuff like my Delta comic. I want to make a comic that allows me the freedom to change styles in the middle of it. The purpose of this blog is for me to keep learning from other places, so that's why, but it's also fun finding new artists and see what their workflow is like. I'll probably make one more, small, loopy thing, but then that'll be it.

Again, my time ran out for this week. I'll be more productive next time.

Probably. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment